News - Plans for the listed building consent application for the Throop Manse

NEW - Thursday, 11th December 2014 // UPDATED - Monday, 26th January 2015

UPDATED - Monday, 26th January 2015

Email Reply from Ruth Povey
23rd January 2015
RE: The Manse, Throop

Dear Cllr Ron

Yes the agent has withdrawn the applications. I had a positive conversation with the agent about revisions to the proposal and I've offered to review revised drawings before they resubmit the applications. Once I've seen the revised plans I will know more, but hopefully they will keep working with us to get a scheme that we can support.

Regards, Ruth

Email Reply from Councillor Ron Whittaker
22nd January 2015
RE: The Manse, Throop


Being naturally ask about the application from Throop village residents, has the applicant agree to with draw current application to discuss outstanding issues with you.

Councillor Ron Whittaker

Email from Ruth Povey to Edward Bizzey, Creative Land and Property Ltd
22nd January 2015
RE: The Manse, Throop

Dear Edward

Thank you for answering the query as to why the building hasn't been marketed. I will await answers to the other questions that have been raised. As I said in my last email, I am dealing with the listed building application in conjunction with another member of the Conservation Team, Mrs Ashley (Senior Conservation Officer).

As the conservation comments highlight, there is a significant amount of outstanding information that we are waiting answers to and there are concerns with the proposal (such as the siting of a garage in front of the house, the scale/detail of the rear extensions and the changes to the windows/openings). As its stands the applications are not supported; however once the outstanding info is received I will fix up your requested meeting (inviting Mrs Ashley) to discuss the applications in order to try and positively move things forward.

With the queries still outstanding it is unrealistic that we will be able to meet before the applications expire (let alone give time for plans to be revised). Would you be agreeable to withdrawing the current applications and then resubmitting them once we have had the opportunity to meet to discuss the concerns? There is no fee for listed building applications and the applicant would normally be entitled to a free go for the re-submission of a planning application within 12 months of withdrawing an application.

If you could let me know when we will likely receive answers to the queries in the conservation comments then I can look to get a date in the diary for the meeting. Please could you also confirm whether you would be prepared to withdraw the current applications.

Regards, Ruth

NEW - Thursday, 11th December 2014

Plans for the listed building consent application for the Manse